Over several years now the Aireborough Neighbourhood Forum has sought information from residents and stakeholders on the issues with living and working in Aireborough, and also ideas and opportunities for improvement: it has been a long and bumpy road. The aim is to put together an Aireborough Neighbourhood Plan from this evidence, similar to the one that has been done for Otley – see here.
We have now put all the key reports, including those done by Leeds City Council and Bradford MDC in an Evidence Library here. You will also find here the Leeds Local Plan and a selection of the recent responses we have made to consultations on behalf of local residents.
Our task now is to pull all the evidence together into a Neighbourhood Plan and this task has now started with a key team. We are focussing on trying to find new and innovative solutions to some of the issues the area has, key amongst this these are
- Redesign of the area’s community centers as a major opportunity for placemaking and sustainability.
- Regeneration of employment areas.
- Possible solutions for the local transport problem.
- A workable green infrastructure growing ecosystem services, and considering that the South Pennines may become a National Park
- Viable sites for the housing types that are required for key groups eg small apartments, and homes for older people.
- Links to the Airport Masterplan.
- Links to the Bradford Local Plan in Wharfedale and Esholt.
If you would like to join that team email us on email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.